Sunday March 9th is the VSO Canada Assessment Day in Vancouver. It is a full day event (pretty much from 8:30 to 4pm).
The assessment day includes a variety of group activities to be completed co-operatively and an individual interview. These activities enable us to look for the qualities you’ll need to meet the challenge of living and working overseas:
- flexibility and adaptability
- practical problem solving ability
- ability to work in a team
- sensitivity to the needs of others
- a desire to learn and help others learn
- a positive and realistic commitment to volunteering.
There will be individual interviews where they will ask us to give examples of times and situations where we have demonstrated these qualities.
It will definitely be a study weekend.