I have 20 minutes left at a local Internet cafe before I hit the 15 ruppee mark.
Here is a quick update:
- We have resettled at our new language and cultural training centre (Chetena Kendra) in Banepa.
- Nice town, I would live here if I lived in Nepal. Easy access to Kathmandu, cleaner air and great mountain hikes.
- We bought a football (soccer ball) and badminton set to keep us busy and entertained.
- So far, we are living on rice, sauteed vegetables and beans, cauliflower, papad. We were treated to fries and chicken wings last night.
- Language training is getting more complicated and I just learned how to write “My name is Rex” in Nepali script.
- Dust is slowly creeping into my notebook computer.
- The weather has been great – a crisp fall weather and it hasn’t rained since we got here. I hear it doesn’t rain at all until after June.
- I experienced the typical Nepali way of going to the washroom (details offline).
- Tlell is doing great. We are well and are both very glad to be doing this together.