We just got on the ferry from Nanaimo after a spending some quality time with the in-laws in Courtenay (amazing dinners and thank you for everything!). Time went by really fast.
Technically, with everything packed up, the first leg of our journey starts now. Packing was fun!
Lest we forget.
Random things where I left off (as of November 11th, 2008)
- Lowest gas price is 89.4 cents per litre at the Chevron on Cambie & 57th (from Gas Buddy)
- Lower mainland housing market prices are plummeting (told ya Peter). You can find a house in East Van for less than $500,000.
- Prime Minister Harper
- President Barack Obama
- A snapshot of flight prices from Flight Centre
- The Canada Line is not running
- 1 CAD = 0.8374 USD
- The Big 3 North American motor companies still exist
- The Toronto Maple Leafs still have not won the Stanley Cup
Random things that remind me of home
- Trail biking in Pacific Spirit Park
- Walking along Spanish banks and Jericho beach
- Sushi, Indian Cuisine, and Pizza
- Rain City Grill
- Culham Trail
- Hiking with Dan
- Berry picking
- Tim Hortons and Jetrex delivery with Mom and Dad
- Hanging out with the cousins
- Troy and Jess
- BC ferry rides
- Road trips throughout BC
- Rockband with the peeps
So goes the saying, “You really don’t miss things until their gone.”
As I begin to I realize that it will be quite some time before I see and experience things that resemble home, I cannot help but feel a mixture of emotions. One feeling that sticks out is a sense of satisfaction and gladness. I am truly happy about the paths that I have taken to get me to this point in my life – no regrets about what I did or didn’t do and yes, it has made me the person I am today.
I am definitely looking forward to the new adventures that lie ahead (going in head first!)
So on to Nepal.
To all my friends and family, thank you for all your support. I love you all and we’ll see ya later!