My favourite Indian restaurant in Vancouver also happens to be my very first Indian restaurant I have ever been to is Indian Oven on 4th ave in Kitsilano. The guy who owns the restaurant seems to be too cool sometimes to crack a smile when you arrive, but the atmosphere is quiet / low-key and the view of the Vancouver night line is decent considering you are only 3 or 4 stories high (lots of window views). But most importantly, the food is rich and heavy. I recommend our usual favourites:
- Palak Paneer (Fresh spinach & broccoli cooked with home made curd cheese),
- Butter Chicken (boneless chicken, yogurt, fresh cream and tomatoes)
- Vegetable Korma (Carrots, cauliflowers, broccoli cooked in own cream sauce).
- Daal Amritsari (I forgot what’s in it, but it is good!)
- and of course Naan bread (or rice).