We’re off to Costa Rica (Dec. 10th to the 31st) …. the land I have heard so much about during my ERS days; where the vast majority of the country has been preserved as national parks and globalization has yet to choke the local culture and economy. We picked up multiple books for our trip (as well as used the Costa Rica tourism web site) help us plan our 3-week trip . I recommend Lonely Planet as they describe more funky-off-the-beaten type areas and activities. Fodor’s is more conservative but provides a great overview of the country. Lonely Planet also offers a great travel-size phrase book as well.
So here is our itinerary. We’ll mainly be busing it, maybe rent a car, and of course hitching a ride on donkey cart.
- Dec. 11-12 – Arriving in SanJose staying at Hotel Los Volcanes.
- Dec. 12-15 – flying Nature Air to Puerto Jimenez and staying at Pearl of the Osa.
- Dec. 15-16 – flying Nature Air back to Alajeuala to Hotel Los Volcanes.
- Dec. 16-19 – busing it (or riding a donkey) to Monteverde, Santa Elena, Arco Iris.
- Dec. 19-20 – ???
- Dec. 20-27 – hitching a ride with Jose to Puerto Viejo and staying with Carter @ Loco Natural Jungle House.
- Dec.27-30 – touring San Jose, staying at Hotel Aranjuez.
That is all and that is what is planned so far.